When harsh weather hits, it brings up some pretty severe illnesses along with your regular cold and flu viruses. In general, illness seems to remain longer in the wintertime. There are a lot of ways you can take care of yourself as well as ways you can take care of your home. It’s especially important to take at least some of these steps to prevent the spread of disease if you have small children or elderly people living with you:
- First and foremost, use and teach kids proper hand-washing methods. Doctors have found that the type of soap doesn’t really matter, it’s the amount of time you spend rubbing under hot water that’s important for at least 20-25 seconds.
- Where do you put your shoes, your keys, your coat and your phone, and when do you wash your hands (most importantly)? When you clean, trace your steps. What is your entrance routine like? Clean the surfaces you touch first when you walk in the door.
- Do not share your utensils, foods and drinks. You shouldn’t really do this anyway, but especially in the wintertime, don’t share.
- Stop bad face-touching habits. Rubbing one’s face, biting one’s nails, or rubbing one’s nose or eyes can all be considered to be bad habits that spread germs!
- Bathroom and kitchen are the places that most often have and spread germs, so scrub them frequently. So, during the wintertime, you might want to up the ante.
- Take sound sleep, continue to exercise and eat well. If you exercise, you’re giving your immune system a good lift.
- In the city, you’re likely constantly using public transportation. Don’t touch anything you don’t have to, obviously. But no matter what you do, you’ll likely have some germs on you when you get home.
- Wash winter clothing before you start using it. People sometimes forget to launder their scarves, which go directly near their faces! Regularly toss items like hats, mittens, coats, gloves, and scarves in the washer when you can.
- Get fresh air every once in a while. When it’s not too cold, open your windows. Getting fresh air flowing can help to prevent breathing in the same germs over and over.
No matter it is your home or commercial area, each place needs to be cleaned. If you need a professional cleaning, hire a reliable Commercial cleaning service, Melbourne.